Frequently Asked Questions
1 Getting Started
How do I register with Gasappliancestore?
To register as a user, click here or on My Account at the top of the Gasappliancestore website create an account by clicking register. We’ll need your full name, e-mail address, a password of 5 characters, your gender and at least one contact number.
How do I buy something from Gasappliancestore?
Find the product you wish to buy
Keyword search boxes are located on nearly every page of the website. You will also find links to browse lists and more detailed product-specific searches in the top and left navigation bar of each department. When you find a product that interests you, click the title or name of the product to see its details and availability.
Add to cart
Found the products you want to buy? Click on Add to cart. Your shopping cart contains all the products that you have selected to buy. Once you’ve added a product to your shopping cart, you can go back and keep searching and adding to your cart. You can access the contents of your shopping cart at any time by clicking on the black cart button at the top right of any page on the Gasappliancestorewebsite.
You can also add products to your Wish List, which is a handy list of all the products that you do not want to check out with immediately, or which are out of stock but that you want to remember for later. You can move products between your shopping cart and your Wish List. Products have to be in your shopping cart for you to check out.
To enter checkout, go to your shopping cart and click on the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
You will now be prompted to log in or register, if you are not already logged in.
Select your delivery address, create a new delivery address or select if you would like to collect the products from our Johannesburg warehouse.
Select your payment method, insert any voucher or promotional coupon details, and click on the ‘Proceed‘ button on the bottom right of the page.
Select your preferred delivery option from those available and click on the ‘Apply Coupon‘ button on the bottom right of the page.
Choose your payment method and follow the steps to complete payment, then click on ‘Pay Now‘ to complete the order.
A complete order summary will now display with all the details of your complete order.
What are my payment options?”
Can I pay using Maestro or VISA Electron debit cards?
Gasappliancestore allows payment by Maestro and VISA Electron debit cards using the PayU system, by enabling you to submit your Maestro / VISA Electron Debit Card PIN number securely via your mobile phone.
What banks and mobile networks are supported by the payD system?
To use the payU service you will require:
- A bank account with one of the majors banks Capitec FNB Nedbank, Standard Bank or ABSA
- A mobile phone registered on the MTN or Vodacom mobile networks
How do I pay using MasterPass?
MasterPass by MasterCard® is a free digital wallet service that makes online shopping safe and easy by storing all of your payment information in one convenient and secure place.
A – Getting started
In order to pay using MasterPass you must have the MasterPass App on your smartphone. The MasterPass App can be found at:
- Google Play
- Apple App Store
- Blackberry Store
- Windows Store
B – Activate your phone
To secure your device for MasterPass payments, the App will send one SMS. Your normal mobile network rates will apply. This will only happen once.
C – Setup your MasterPass account
Your MasterPass account will allow you to save contact and billing information securely on the MasterPass system.
D – Add your bank card to your MasterPass account
You can add credit, debit, or reloadable prepaid cards from MasterCard, Maestro and Visa.
E – You are now ready to shop on the website with MasterPass by MasterCard
How do I pay using MasterPass?
your cart is brimming with cool stuff, and you’re ready to check out, simply choose to pay using MasterPass. We’ll then send you over to the MasterPass payment page.
If it’s your first time using MasterPass:
- You will be asked to select your country of residence and language
- Then you will be asked to select your wallet
MasterPass will present a code on screen. Use the MasterPass App on your smartphone to scan the code and authorise your payment.
Once payment has been authorised you will be returned to takelot.com to receive your order confirmation.
What is Instant EFT – iPay & PayFast?
Instant EFT is a payment service that allows Gasappliancestore customers to pay via EFT without the hassle of a waiting period. We have two service providers – iPay and PayU.
iPay is an Instant EFT payment option available to all customers who bank with Capitec, ABSA, First National Bank, Investec, Nedbank or Standard Bank. iPay allows for electronic funds to be transferred inter-bank directly into the sellers bank account, in real time, using the current infrastructure of your bank’s internet banking functionality.
How it works:
- Select Instant EFT as your payment option during checkout – then select your bank
- Login using your internet banking credentials
- Select an account to pay from and enter a reference for your records
- The automated process will navigate and populate the relevant fields on your behalf in the background
- Your bank will send you an OTP (one-time password) or mobile authentication to your mobile phone to verify the payment
- Enter your OTP or accept the authentication message
- Payment is complete
- Your order order status will be updated immediately
- There is no need to send through a proof of payment
- There is no need to wait for funds to reflect in our account
- There is no need to enter Gasappliancestore’s banking details or order reference number
Is it safe?
- i-Pay guarantees the highest levels of security when paying online
- i-Pay has a Thawte EV SSL encryption certificate which gives our payment processing service an extremely high level of security
- i-Pay acts as a proxy between the buyer and the bank to facilitate a faster, safer and easier payment process for both the buyer and the seller
- Your online banking login details are NOT stored by i-Pay
PayU is an Instant EFT payment option available to all customers who bank with ABSA, First National Bank, Nedbank or Standard Bank.
How it works
- Select Instant EFT as your payment option during checkout.
- You will be redirected to the PayU payment engine where you’ll be prompted to pay the appropriate amount via EFT from your internet banking site.
- PayU account details and a unique reference number will be provided to you by PayU during the payment process.
- After completing your EFT payment on your internet banking site, return to the PayFast screen and click the “COMPLETE” button.
- Receipt of your payment will be verified and your order completed.
- You will be notified of successful payment and completion of your order via email.
- No manual reconciliation or missing payments.
- Instant confirmation of funds received.
- No delay in authorisation and delivery of your order.
- No special software needed.
- What are Gasappliancestore banking details?
Please use ONLY your order number as the reference (for example 1234567).
Please make the exact deposit amount. In other words the price of the products ordered plus any shipping fee.
Please retain your proof of deposit/transfer in case of queries.
Bank: First National Bank (FNB)
Account Number: 62771189245
Branch Code: 254605 (Note: not all Banking Services require the Branch Code to be entered)
Account Type: Cheque
Account Holder: Gasappliancestore CC
3 Exchanges & Returns
What if I don’t have the original shipping packaging?
You are responsible for packing the product safely and securely for return to ensure against damage in transit. Please include the return reference number in the parcel so that we can easily identify your return.
How do I return a product
A – Log your exchange / return request on the website
Login to your Gasappliancestore account on the website or app and initiate the exchange or return process by completing the online request form.
Click here to log your exchange or return now.
B – Prepare the return parcel
Pack the product in its original packaging (if you still have it), and into a shipping box or other packaging to protect the products during transit. Remember that if you are returning a product because you changed your mind, you must have the original product packaging – which must be intact and undamaged (but you do not have to have the original shipping packaging).
Please include the return reference (the RRN number at the top of your email) in or on the outside of the parcel so that we can easily identify your return.
C – Courier collection
Our couriers will contact you within 1 to 2 business days after you have logged your return, to arrange the collection.
- Return to the Gasappliancestore Johannesburg warehouse
If you’ve selected to return your product to the Gasappliancestore Johannesburg warehouse yourself you can do so to the following address:
204 Corlett Drive,
Please first log your request on the website and select to return the product yourself before going to the Gasappliancestore Johannesburg warehouse.
E – Exchange or replacement / account credited
Once your returned product has been validated by Gasappliancestores’s quality team, your account will be credited, unless you have requested a replacement or an exchange.
Once your Gasappliancestore account has been credited, you can use the credit towards other purchases on the website.
Alternatively, once you have received confirmation that your account has been credited, you can request a refund instead of the credit.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by EFT or COD (cash on delivery) will be refunded to your nominated bank account,
If you’re returning a sale product, the reduced price paid at the time of the transaction will be refunded back to you.
If you have used a Gift Voucher or Promotional Coupon on an order from which you are returning one or more products, please refer to our terms and conditions here for more information on how these credits and refunds will be processed.
How long does it take to process my return
In general, once we have received the returned product, your return request will be processed within 10 days. Once your returned product has been validated, your account will be credited, unless you requested a replacement, refund or an exchange.
However, for products that fall within the extended supplier’s warranty, the process can take up to 21 days. At that stage, because we want your experience to be as good as possible – if the supplier or manufacturer has offered you a repair/ replacement but it takes longer than 21 days to resolve the matter, we will get in touch with you to see if you would rather receive a credit/ refund directly from us.
For refunds, please note that your bank can take 3-5 business days to clear the funds back into your bank account.
How do I know if you received my return?
You will receive an email notification once your return has been received at our premises.
How long does it take for me to receive a refund?
For bank deposit refunds, it may take 2-3 business days for the funds to reflect in your account. For credit card refunds, it depends on your bank’s payment processing times and payments could take 5-7 business days to reflect in your account.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by EFT or COD (cash on delivery) will be refunded to your nominated bank account.
What if I change my mind about my purchase?
If you have changed your mind about a product you bought from us, you can return it to us at no charge, provided that:
- you request a return within 7 days of receiving your order (after 7 days, you can only return a product if it is defective);
- it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
- it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (except if it is an Unboxed Deal);
- it is not missing any accessories or parts;
If your return request falls within this policy and is deemed eligible for a return, once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice either:
- deliver the correct product to you (if the correct product is available) or;
- credit your account with the purchase price of the product or;
- refund you with the purchase price of the product.
Can I cancel my order
You are entitled to cancel your order prior to the point at which you receive a notification that it is being shipped for delivery. Should you wish to return the product thereafter, you can do so in accordance with our Returns Policy.
How do I cancel my order
Get in touch with us here to cancel an item or a complete order.
If the order has not yet been paid for, it can simply be cancelled.
If it has been paid for, you have the option of a credit or a full refund.
5 Shipping and Delivery
Can I change my delivery address
We unfortunately can’t make changes to your delivery address once payment has been received and you have received your Payment Confirmation email.
What are my delivery options
Gasappliancestore offers 2 convenient methods of delivery:
- Courier – We deliver directly to your home or office, anywhere in South Africa. All delivery and tracking details are supplied to you at checkout;
- Collect – You can choose to collect from our Johannesburg own warehouse in Bramley. Click here for address details and directions. Collection hours: Weekdays 08h30 – 17h00, weekends and public holidays (Closed).
What will delivery cost me
|Delivery Option||I live in a Main Centre||I live in a Regional Area or Remote Area|
|Express||R 1,500||R 1,750|
|Collect (from our Johannesburg)||FREE||FREE|
When do I get it
|Delivery Option||I live in a Main Centre||I live in a Regional Area or Remote Area||I live in a Remote Area|
|Economy||On average delivered within 3 business days||On average delivered within 3 -4 business days||On average delivered within 4 business days|
|Express||Delivered next day (11h00 – 19h00)||Delivery option not available||Delivery option not available|
|Collect (from our Johannesburg Warehouse)||You can also collect your order at our Cape Town warehouse. Weekdays 08h30 – 20h00, weekends and public holidays 08h30 – 12h30 (Closed on Christmas Day & New Year’s Day).|
What happens if a product is out of stock
If a product goes out of stock, it will reflect as such on the website or will no longer be visible on the website.
We do our best to prevent sales of products that are out of stock, but due to the digital nature of our business the opportunity exists for an item to go out of stock after an order is placed. If you have already ordered the product on the website when it goes out of stock, we’ll let you know. You will then have the option to be refunded or credited for any amount already paid by you, or you can wait until the product comes into stock again.
What happens if an item is out of stock
If an item becomes out of stock, it will reflect as such on the site.
If you have pre-ordered the item, or ordered as part of a “while stocks last” special offer, we’ll let you know. You then have the option to be refunded, or credited or wait until it comes into stock again.